So here you are after selling your old iPhone without unlinking your Apple Watch from it. Relax, all you need to do is learn how to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone.
Of course, the excitement of bringing home a new iPhone home and the thoughts of how you’re gonna save to manage its EMIs, can make anyone’s brain like a sieve. But don’t let this take a toll on you because you can unlink your Apple Watch with that previous iPhone even without having it in your hands.
If you’re unable to pair your iPhone with your Apple Watch, chances are it might be already paired to some other device. We’ll discuss how to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone without a passcode. So let’s get started…..
How To Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone?
There is nothing to fret over if you’ve not unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhone. There are multiple ways to unpair your Apple Watch without an iPhone and remember that doing so will wipe out all your data from the watch.
Option 1: Remove It From iCloud Online:
- Open the browser.
- On a new tab, go to: https://www.icloud.com/.
- Sign in with your Apple ID from which you want to unpair your Apple Watch.
- Then open Find iPhone and select the All Devices option on the top.
- Click on Apple Watch.
- Now click the Erase Apple Watch option.
- Select Next and proceed to erase the device.
- Finally, click appearing next to your Apple Watch.
Option 2: Use Your Passcode:
Here is the second method on how to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone:
- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and locate the Reset option, and tap on it.
- Now hit on the Erase All Content And Settings option.
- If you’ve previously set a passcode, you’ll be asked to provide it. Enter The passcode and tap on the Erase All option. If you’re again going to pair your Apple Watch with iPhone in the future, scroll down a little and choose Erase All & Keep Plan
- Wait for the Watch’s reset process to complete.
- Once it’s done, disable the Activation Lock of the watch (more on that later).
NOTE: Keep your Apple Watch fully charged for this procedure.
Option 3: If You Forgot The Passcode
In case the passcode of your Apple Watch has skipped off your mind, you can opt for this way:
- Long press the side button of your Apple Watch. Leave it when you see the power button on your watch screen.
- Now long press the digital crown button of the watch. Leave the button when you see the Erase All Content & Settings option.
- Tap Reset.
- Again, tap Reset.
- Wait for the process to get completed and then you can set up your watch again. If needed, restore from the backup.
So, what do you think it’s done? Not at all. Continue reading to explore it for yourself.
Remove Activation Lock
So far, we’ve discussed how to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone in three different ways. But why did you do this? The primary purpose of doing this was to get access to use your watch. For that, one more thing has to be done after you’ve unpaired your watch and that is- removing the activation lock. So without any further ado, let’s learn how to do that:
- Open a new tab on the web browser and go to the iCloud site- https://www.icloud.com/.
- Now log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Open Settings and select the Apple Watch option under My Devices.
- Click on next to the Apple Watch.
- Confirm to remove the Apple Watch from the account.
It’ll disable the activation lock on your Apple Watch. Now your watch is ready to function as per your preferable Settings. After this, you can set up your Apple Watch for yourself. Don’t know how to do that? Here you go:
How To Set Up Your Apple Watch After Removing Activation Lock?
Follow these steps to set up your Apple Watch:
- Check whether your iPhone is updated or not. If not, update it to the latest version.
- Ensure your iPhone’s Bluetooth is ON and it has a decently fair WIFI connection.
- Now long press the side button of your Apple Watch. Leave the button once you see Apple’s logo appear on it.
- Afterward, put the watch on your wrist.
- Bring your iPhone near your watch. When you see the ‘Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch’ message on your watch screen, tap on Continue. In case this message doesn’t pop up on its own, go to Apple Watch on your iPhone and tap on All Watches, then tap on the Add Watch option.
- Bring your iPhone camera over your Apple Watch and wait for some time. You’ll see the ‘Your Apple Watch Is Paired’ message on your iPhone. If it is taking too long or your watch is not getting paired, tap on Pair Manually option on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Afterward, tap Set Up As New Apple Watch. You might be asked to update your watch to the latest version at this stage.
- If your iPhone is paired with another Apple Watch, you’ll see the ‘Make This Your New Apple Watch’ message on it. In such a case, tap Apps & Data and Settings > Continue > Customize Settings. Now you can either choose to restore the backup from the previous watch or else, tap Set Up as New Apple Watch.
- Tap Continue to proceed further.
- Next, you’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID Password. If not, Tap General > Apple ID, and then sign in. You can sign in from iCloud also.
- Turn on the Activation Lock if Find My isn’t set up on your iPhone. If an Activation Lock screen appears, your Apple Watch is already linked to an Apple ID. You need to provide the email address and password for that Apple ID to continue set up. In case your Apple Watch is second-hand, you need to contact the previous owner to get the Activation Lock removed.
- Once it’s done, you can proceed to set a new passcode. For this tap on Create a Passcode or Add a Long Passcode.
- Then enter your new passcode in your Apple Watch. If you don’t want to add a passcode, tap on Don’t Add Passcode.
After this, you can change your Apple Watch’s Settings as per your preferences and use it. Now you’ve completely grasped how to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone.
As an Apple adorer, you most likely possess the most basic accessories from the brand which includes iPhone and Apple Watch. But there can be many scenarios in which you’ve to unlink the two, for instance, selling them, unsettling glitches, or getting an exclusively new edition. By any chance, if you’re sitting on the fence thinking whether or not you can break the connection between your previous iPhone and Apple Watch, this article has provided methods to do so. The procedures are a bit hefty but are inevitable to unpair the Apple Watch.
Hope it was useful!
• Content Writer at Mind Mingles
• Has presented her work in International Conference On Guru Nanak Dev Ji: Life, Philosophy and Legacy held at Mata Sundri College For Women and was awarded the title of “Best Paper Presenter” under College Student Category for the same (Dated: 27th and 28th September, 2019)
• Has a strong grip over creating interesting, unique and informative content pieces for a wide range of niches.
• A firm believer that words have an impact.