Nowadays, we will find at least one Jio user in every house around us, and many Jio users keep asking about how to check Jio’s balance. The Reliance Jio telecommunication company went on to become India’s leading telecom giant within a few years of its launch, is now a successful operator of the national LTE network. After a successful internal launch in 2015, Reliance commercially launched the 4G services and the Jio sim card service in September 2016 for the general public.
And within a few months of its launch, Jio started dominating the Indian telecom markets by acquiring millions of subscribers, months after months. Now, Jio is having a direct partnership with notable international brands like Facebook and has received foreign direct investment from many leading telecom companies all around the world.
This success was achieved by keeping in mind the target customers, the common man, and the middle class of the Indian society. And Reliance Jio became very popular with the customers because it provided comparatively more beneficial and long-lasting data plans and Talktime at the same price, or sometimes at a price lower than the other services. It became hugely popular after its launch for its substantial data packs and extremely beneficial calling packs. But a common question asked by all the Jio users is how to check Jio balance.
How to check Jio balance: necessary steps
It is effortless to check your daily usage and Jio balance if you are a smartphone user, and you need not look for the application or Jio website to do the same. You can just use the essential functions for this matter, and it will help you to check your balance without any complications.
One of the easiest ways to keep a watch on your Jio balance is – use your smartphone functions for it. A smartphone user can check his daily data limit and set the same amount (or a limit lesser than the actual one) as the daily data usage limit on their phone. This will help them to get an initial reminder about their daily data usage before their plan directly ends.
Also, when someone disconnects his mobile data connection after use, they get an SMS that shows how much data they have used and how much information is remaining from their Jio balance. These two are the primary ways to check your Jio balance, and apart from these, there are many ways through which you can narrow your Jio balance.
How to check Jio balance: advanced steps
Apart from the necessary steps on how to check Jio balance, there are some advanced (but comfortable) steps that you can take to check your credit. We will be listing them here, one by one:
- If you want to check your principal Jio balance through IVR, you can dial *333#. Your remaining principal Jio balance will be displayed on your screen after successfully dialing the code.
- Another way to check your Jio balance is to prevent it via SMS facility – users can send an SMS as MBAL on the number 55333. After your SMS is shipped, you will receive a reply in which your Jio balance details will be mentioned.
- And to check your Jio tariff plan, send an SMS as MY PLAN, to 199. To know your Jio balance through an SMS is a free service, and you won’t be charged for that SMS. So, you can try this even if you are running low on balance.
- The official website of Jio will also help you to know how to check Jio’s balance. For that, users can type jio.com in their browser and sign-in on the official website by using their Jio number.
How to check Jio balance: Via MyJio app
And one of the major players in these efforts is the MyJio app – it is like a personalized account for every Jio customer and provides them with all the information and services that they need. MyJio app can also be used to understand how to check Jio balance, which requires some straightforward steps to be done.
- After downloading the MyJio app from the apps store, the user has to log in using his Jio number to create his MyJio account. When the report is successfully created on the application, the homepage of the application will itself display the Jio balance.
- On the homepage, the user can check his Jio balance, along with the details of his active plans, the daily usage limit, and the remaining pack. And if the user wants to get more detailed information about his Jio balance, he can click the usage button on the homepage that will display the additional information about his active plans and usage.
How to check Jio balance: For Prepaid and Post-paid plans
Many Jio users get confused about how to check Jio’s balance, depending upon the nature or type of the plan that they have subscribed to. They keep asking about the ways to check the Jio balance for Post-paid and Prepaid plans, which are very different from each other. But as said earlier, there’s no need to worry about it as it involves some very easy steps with the slightest difference.
If you are using a prepaid number and want to know how to check Jio balance, just send an SMS to 199, with a text – BAL. In the reply that follows, you will get to know about your active prepaid plan, your usage, and the remaining plan.
To check the Jio balance for a Post-paid number, send an SMS as BILL to 199. Here are some important Jio USS codes that will help you to ease a number of functions:
- check my Jio number, dial *1#.
- To check your Jio balance, dial *333#.
- Activate the 4G data plan, call 1925, or SMS STAR to 1925.
- The post-paid bill details, SMS BILL to 199.
- To check the call rate, SMS TARIFF to 191.
How to check Jio balance: Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Though there are many guidelines available for checking the Jio balance, not everyone can understand and apply them properly. Thus, many questions arise in the mind of Jio users regarding this matter. FAQs:
- Is it possible to check the Jio balance on the MyJio app?
Yes, it is possible to check your Jio balance using the MyJio app. For that, one has to login to their account using an OTP. The balance will be displayed on the homepage itself, and you can get more details too.
- Is the MyJio app accessible even when the data limit has exhausted?
He can use the Jio data network for the functioning of the app.
- How can I check my balance if I don’t have the MyJio app?
There are many ways through which one can check his Jio balance, even if he doesn’t use the MyJio application – it is not mandatory to only use the application for that purpose.
- What are the SMS charges for checking my Jio balance?
You can send these SMS even if you have a low balance.
How can I check my data balance on the MyJio app?
- Jio provides its customers with some very beneficial high-speed data plans, and users can check their daily data usage and data balance on the MyJio app by some very easy steps:
These were some easy guidelines on how to check Jio’s balance. It is not a big deal, and users are just a few steps away from detailed information on their active Jio plan, its balance, and usage. There are many ways like dialing USSD codes, sending an SMS, logging in on the official Jio website, or installing the application to know about your Jio balance.
The makers have intentionally made available such a variety of options for checking the balance, as not every user is techno-savvy, and some may find it difficult to understand the functioning of the website or the app.
It may not be comfortable for everyone to use the application, so such users can resort to the other and simpler ways of checking their Jio balance. Because dialing a small, 3-4 digits code or sending an SMS id an easy task, in comparison with other options.
Reliance Jio has kept its profit graph going upwards since its launch by providing easily accessible services and a user-friendly networking facility.
This is the reason they were able to gain 16 million subscribers within the first month of its launch, crossed the 50 million mark within 90 days, and acquired 100 million subscribers within 5 months, in February 2017. And the number is increasing ever since, without any signs of decline.
People jumped on these mobile phones, and it was a hugely successful step. Even during the nationwide lockdown resulted from the global pandemic of coronavirus, Jio has gained a huge profit, by providing good-quality services to its users.
And it will keep dominating the Indian telecom markets for years to come.