The Minecraft craze isn’t getting over, and with every other adventure, the players need insights on a plethora of related things, such as how to make a fence gate in Minecraft, how to collect honey in Minecraft, and how to tame a horse in Minecraft, etc. Talking of horses in Minecraft, they were added to this game’s version- 1.6 to serve as fast friends (not just in terms of speed but are the best harmless allies as well) who just require to be controlled optimally.
Technically speaking, Minecraft horses are an avant-garde source to traverse long-haul journeys in the distinctive Minecraft biomes. And you aren’t going to get any other alternative to do so until later stages. For this reason, learning how to tame a horse in Minecraft becomes inevitable.
How To Tame A Horse In Minecraft?
Talking of their types, based on the distinctive patterns and colors, there are, in total, 35 types of horses in Minecraft. Scroll down a little to know how you can tame a horse in Minecraft.
First Find Them
In order to get optimum benefits from horses in Minecraft, you need to be taped with how to tame a horse in Minecraft. And that calls for finding horses in the first place.
Minecraft’s Savanna and Plains biomes are the places where you can exactly catch a horse.
Tame The Horse
That alone is a biting a bullet kind of task because when you try to get on a horse’s back, you’ll get knocked down by it just the other second. Well, you’ll have to keep trying hopping over and getting on the horse’s back. Make sure you don’t have any weapon in your hands while doing so. After all, it is such a harmless ally, so what’s the need to get it afraid of you?
Once you see the heart-shaped icons popping over the horse’s head, consider your job done then and there. This indicates that the horse is tamed. You must be thinking it’s just done here. Well, not yet.
Taming a horse alone won’t do for you to get it to follow your commands and take you on a ride in Minecraft. Wondering what to do next? Most importantly, learn how to ride a tamed horse in Minecraft. A saddled horse is what you can move further, so your next goal becomes saddling a horse in Minecraft.
Saddling A Horse
Once the heart-shaped icons start popping out over the horse’s head, that’s your clue that it’s time to saddle it. For this purpose, you need a saddle. There are a plethora of things that can be crafted in Minecraft but a saddle. Now this leaves us with the only option to find a saddle in the biome.
A saddle can be fetched from nether fortresses, dungeons, and chests. Alternatively, you can go fishing to grab one.
Ride The Horse
After such a heavy task, you must get to ride the horse.
Get the saddle from the inventory and drag it over to the stretched outline while sitting on the horse’s back (right click and hop over the horse’s back to sit on it). That’ll make you ride the horse without any hefts.
While taking your horse on a ride, ensure that you use the movement keys optimally and remember that a horse can’t ride in a water level deeper than 1 block. If taken deeper than that, it’ll drown, and you’ll be required to get a new horse again. You surely don’t want to get through all the hefts again to get a horse.
How To Get Off A Horse in Minecraft?
Whenever you need to get off your horse, simply hover over to the ‘Sneak’ tab or button.
Things To Remember
- If you’re perplexed about whether or not you can tame and ride a baby horse, the answer is that it first needs to be fed optimally so that it grows into an adult.
- Minecraft horses are passive in nature, which means they won’t hurt you even if attacked.
- It’s noteworthy to mention that to not lose your horse, tie it to a fence. Or else, you can also build up a stable to keep them there.
- You can equip your horse with horse armor so as to give it an extra added layer of protection.
- Another noteworthy thing here is that you can feed the horse while trying to tame it. Though it’s not a mandatory requirement, it increases the speed of the taming process. Minecraft horses eat hay bales, sugar, golden carrots, golden apples, and even normal apples.
Minecraft provides quite a thrill to the players. At times it becomes difficult to traverse this game’s biomes. Nonetheless, if you are aware of how to tame a horse in Minecraft, this task can get really very simple. The above article walks you through the procedure of getting a horse tamed.
Taming a horse is such a requirement that you can’t overlook it while playing Minecraft. At times, you need to speedily cross an area where your enemy or any other threat feels like enclosing you. For such times, possessing proper knowledge on how to tame a horse in Minecraft can be advantageous.
• Content Writer at Mind Mingles
• Has presented her work in International Conference On Guru Nanak Dev Ji: Life, Philosophy and Legacy held at Mata Sundri College For Women and was awarded the title of “Best Paper Presenter” under College Student Category for the same (Dated: 27th and 28th September, 2019)
• Has a strong grip over creating interesting, unique and informative content pieces for a wide range of niches.
• A firm believer that words have an impact.