Being online these days is more essential than ever before, people work from home, companies run their businesses over the Internet, and we can shop till we drop without ever having to leave the house. But with that convenience also comes risks, our identity being looked into and possibly stolen, our personal information taken and used for purposes we haven’t approved of, it’s scary.
So what does VPN mean you’re asking? You can read the more detailed explanation here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network but substantially it is a way of using the internet in private mode but over a public network, so work can continue but with the added protection of the VPN.
Some countries block access to sites in their country if you are trying to log in from abroad, having your location ‘blurred’ and showing anonymous this wall can then be bypassed.
You can connect with people in different parts of the world, and this is especially imperative for businesses with international offices.
To keep everything protected it’s usually recommended to install a security software, having a VPN will give you that peace of mind when working, logging in and communicating on the net. Yes, some programs cost more than others but there are versions for those who don’t need the CIA adaptation and simply want to browse the internet in safety.
If you’re not tech-savvy or are unsure of where to begin, then check out this proven VPNs guide and get a better understanding of what is needed to ‘surf safely.’ With some knowledge in your artillery, you won’t be sold more than you need and essentially waste cash, if you need the basic program then you will be aware of what to look for.
5 Advantages of using a VPN.
- Security. This is one of the main objectives for users to install and use a VPN, using this technology allows you internet freedom as it were and lets you do the things you need to do without constantly hitting a security border control.
- Remote use. Many brands are moving to online communication and trade, they need to send and receive files, emails and day in day out talks. Whether the staff are in different offices or scattered around the globe, they can be safe in knowing that working through a VPN their correspondence will not fall into the wrong hands to be abused.
- Anonymity. A VPN lets you browse the net and access websites with no tracing. There are other methods, some of which you might already do, but look at this article on being undetected and see what people are doing and taking into their own hands.
- Cost-effective. The maintenance of a VPN network is drastically minimized once installed and when using a service provider, this too will no longer be an issue.
- Bypass filters. I’ve come across this a few times before having our VPN implemented. Often I want to purchase a gift for someone in a foreign country but due to my location this site then pops up with a ‘blocked site’ message. But now, with my new software, I browse and click as free as a bird.
What to look for when choosing a VPN program.
When it comes to knowing which is the best or one that provides all the services you need, you have to have an idea of what features will best accommodate the running of your business. How many servers do you need? This means the larger the server the more people can log in and be connected.
Then you need to think about the server location. Having an overseas server is great for preventing any blocks or restrictions while on the web, however having the server in the office where you are located can significantly reduce any possible lag in connection.
There are various reasons as to why people or companies opt to use a VPN service, read this short article and see all the details you need to be aware of when deciding on which to go with and install.
If it is being used for a company with international offices you are likely to need to be able to connect multiple devices, this is all dependent on the type of cap you have in place, and the tier you have paid for.
Some allow more than others as you progress up the tier ladder, and then some are paid for which provides unlimited connections.
It can for sure be daunting when starting and having to set up the business in the most work efficient way, but have no fear, you are not the first and you won’t be the last to have to start at the beginning.
Grab a cup of tea, take a few minutes to yourself and peruse over this article on key factors to look for when choosing your VPN. That extra bit of time for research can save a whole lot of headaches in the future.
Search the net, do it safely and here’s to happy ‘clicking.’