Voice over presentations are quite compelling. They make understanding the concept easier. Where Google Slides has already eased the process of creating thorough PPTs, a little focus on voice overs can make your point clear. But for that, you must learn how to add voice over to Google Slides.
Adding voice over can counter certain circumstantial problems at the time of your presentation. For instance, if you get nervous while giving a presentation, embedding a recorded voice over can save your impression.
Or even if you’re a pro at formal presentations, then you can add bits of voice recording just in case you don’t want to miss an important explanation. This way, you’ll already have a pre-recorded explanation for crucial parts.
You know what, we can go on and on with the benefits of voice over presentations. But all of it would turn into reality only if you know how to add voice over to Google Slides.
How To Add Voice Over To Google Slides?
Before we proceed with the procedure, let’s enlist a few essential points-
- Since Google Slides doesn’t come with an in-built audio recorder, you’ll have to record the voice over first and then embed it in the PPT.
- Save the voice over fike only in “.mp3” or “.wav” format.
- Uploaded the voice over file to Google Drive.
So now let’s see how to add voice over to Google Slides.
1) Record The Voice Over
To begin with you must have a script prepared around the topic you want to narrate for. This way, the chances of fumbling and forgetting will get reduced and you’ll be able to maintain a flow in narration.
A plethora of online voice recording softwares, tools and/or apps are available online, to name a few, Adobe Audition, WavePad, Apple GarageBand, etc. Record the narration in an audible decibel and check the quality of your recording.
2) Upload The Voice Over Recording To Google Drive
- Once you’re satisfied with your voice over, open the Google Slides in which you wish to add the voice over. Now go to ‘Insert’ and then click on ‘Audio.’
- Click on ‘New,’ and select the ‘File Upload’ option.
- Click on ‘Open.’
NOTE: Audio files other than ‘.mp3’ or ‘.wav’ format will not be shown in the list.
- Click on the audio file and then click on ‘Select.’ Similarly, add other audio files to each and every slide.
3) Configure The Voice Over Settings
Now comes the part due to which we love Google Slides. You’ll also love it once you completely know how to add voice over to Google Slides. It allows you to mold the voice over as you want.
To modify voice over settings, click on the speaker icon on the slide. Then click on the ‘Format Options’ under the ‘Format’ tab. The audio format option panel will appear on the right side.
You can choose if you want the voice over to start playing on click or automatically as the slide appears. Moreover, you can also set the volume and keep or remove the speaker icon visible on the slide.
The ‘Loop Audio’ option plays the voice over again after it ends.
As the name suggests, the ‘Stop after Slide Change’ option will stop the voice over once the slide changes.
How To Make Your Voice Over File Shareable?
If you want to share the link to your voice over, you can do so.
- For this, after uploading the voice over file to Google Drive, click on the audio file (refer to pint- 1 & 2).
- From the top-right corner, select the ‘Get Link’ icon.
- You’ll see a pop-up box on your screen. To change the access permissions for the audio file, click on the dropdown box showing ‘Restricted.’
- Now add the Gmail address of the person with whom you wish to share the voice over. If you want to allow everyone, then select the ‘Anyone With The Link’ option.
- Lastly, click on ‘Done.’
NOTE: Keep in mind that the access authority has to be shared before embedding the voice over into the slide.
After that, you can proceed to the next step of configuring and formatting the voice over settings.
It wasn’t that hefty, right? In fact, it was so easy to learn how to add voice over to Google Slides. So, you’re good to go! But wait! Scroll down a little and learn some voice recording tips.
Tips To Enhance Your Voice Over Recording
Voice overs must be recorded with utmost care as they can elevate and ruin your presentation. Here are a few tips for better recording-
- Write down whatever you are going to narrate.
- Make sure you’re in a soundproof room. If this sounds too much then you must at least try to record in an area with the least noise.
- Use a quality voice recording tool/software/app.
- Maintain a calm and balanced pitch, and at the same time put emphasis on words wherever needed.
- Don’t speak too fast or too slow, maintain a balanced speed.
- Take pauses wherever necessary.
- Ensure to pronounce the words correctly.
- Don’t forget to include the effect of punctuation marks.
Now that you’ve learned how to add voice over to Google Slides, ensure to make your PowerPoint project splendid with it. Make sure to follow the recording tips mentioned above in this article. Next time, you won’t be gawky thinking about the eyes watching you as you narrate the information along with Google Slides. Not just voice overs, you can also add images, videos, and much more to Google Slides.