Want to save a copy of your iPhone’s stored data for future use? Well, it’s the basic requirement for all of us. We never prefer losing our valuable data in case of an emergency like phone lost or damaged. The backing up process can be a bit tricky sometimes. That’s why we are here to let you discover the best possible answer to your question- “How to backup iPhone to computer?” Go through to learn it all!
As you know, you can use your iPhone or iPad for multiple purposes such as downloading movies, streaming songs and playing games. Most of us like to keep important stuff handy by saving it in the phone’s storage. But all your messages, photos, documents, settings, accessory setup, and other data get vulnerable when your phone is damaged. Hence you must keep a backup. We are going to show you 4 easy ways to safeguard your memories or preferences in our- 3 Minutes Read Tutorial. Have a look now.
What is a backup?
Before you apply the method, you must have a clear idea regarding the backup. Here you go!
Backup is meant to keep your app data, iMessages, videos, Home screen, and the app organization, device settings, texts, photos, visual voicemail, HomeKit configuration, health data, passcodes secured.
However, you can use either iCloud or iTunes to backup data. In the case of iTunes, you will need a computer to access the stored data. Here are the main differences between the iCloud backup and iTunes backup. Check it out and select the one convenient for you.
All about backup for iOS devices via iCloud or iTunes
Learn the differences between backup for iOS devices through iCloud or iTunes below. Once you are done, go for only the backup method best for you.
|Data get stored in iCloud||Data get stored in Mac or PC|
|You can avail almost 2TB of storage where first 5GB are free||No extra storage, it solely depends on the available free space of your Mac or PC|
|All your stored data get encrypted always||It offers you encrypted backups sometimes when off by default|
|You can easily create backup anywhere anytime with a proper Wi-Fi connection||You can create a backup only with your PC or Mac|
|Use your backups whenever and wherever you want||Use your stored data only from your PC or Mac|
Now you know the differences between iCloud backup method and iTunes backup method. It’s time to learn How to Backup iPhone to Laptop? Let’s start!
Step by step guide to backup iPhone to computer?
Manually backup with iCloud
Here is the process to back up your data using iCloud. Follow these steps one by one now.
- Firstly, connect your iPhone with a Wi-Fi network
- Then, navigate to Settings option
- Now type your name and then choose iCloud
- After that, you have to select the iCloud Backup option
- Finally, tap on the “Back Up Now” option
Give it a few munites to complete the process and stay connected with the Wi-Fi network. Once done, you can check the status. For that, navigate to settings first, then write your name and go to iCloud> iCloud Backup section. Here, under the “Back Up Now” section, you will find the details of your last taken backup.
Automatically backup with iCloud
Many of us fail to take manual backup because of lack of time. Here comes automatically backup process of iCloud to make sure your data are in secured hands. Follow the method below.
- At first, you have to ensure the iCloud Backup is turned on
- Next, go to Settings and type your name there
- Now go to the iCloud section and select iCloud Backup
- Toggle the switch of the iCloud Backup and tap on OK
- After that, connect your iPhone with a power source
- Then you must connect with a strong Wi-Fi network
- Now open the screen lock of your device
- Now you have to check for available free storage space. Whenever you get started with iCloud, it offers you up to 5GB free storage space. You can extend it up to 2TB by spending a few bucks. So whenever you are in need, grab your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac and buy extra space. The plan starts at 50GB/$0.99 per month.
However, this is all about iCloud backup. Now it’s time to learn how to backup iPhone to laptop through iTunes?
Automatically backup with iTunes
If you choose automatically iTune backup, it will sync your phone’s storage whenever you connect it with your iOS device or PC. Let’s know the methods now.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer first
- Then open the “iTunes”
- Now you have to move to the left part of the iTunes window and click on the “Device icon” placed next to the dropdown menu of “Category”
- After that, click on “Summary” option from the same sidebar
- Then, click on “This Computer” under the Automatically Back Up section
- Check the box now for “Encrypt [device] backup” to make sure your valuable data gets backed up
- Next, create a password to shield your encrypted information [Here, the password will automatically get stored in the Keychain]
- Finally hit the “Done” when you are done
You are good to go now!
Manually backup with iTunes
- At first, make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes [If there is any pending update, install it beforehand]
- Next, open the iTunes and navigate to the left side of the sidebar
- You will find the Device icon there, next to the category dropdown menu, click on it
- Now click on the “Summary” option from the sidebar
- Here, you have to click on “Back Up Now” [You will find it under the Manually Back Up and restore option]
- Hit the “Done” button finally
When you are done, you will see the details of the last backup under the “Summary” screen.
Anyway, folks! We have shared all the easy methods to back up your data within minutes. Now it’s your turn to try all of our DIY hacks and let us know your opinion in the comment box below.
Incoming search terms:
- how to backup iphone to computer 2019
- backup iphone to computer 2019
- Commercial Cleaning Services
- how to back up iphone to icloud on computer
- hp printer
- how to back up iphone to computer 2019
- back up IPhone to PC 2019
- buy iphone
- backup iphone on laptop
- manually backup iphone to computer