On the keyboard, you may see the number pad section on the right side. Why does this section lie separately, although you will see the number on the team’s top? Well, that separate number pad we see on our keyboard is called a 10-key keyboard pad. The 10 critical experience is also associated with that 10-key keyboard pad and determines how well and fast a user can use that section. Moreover, the ten-key experience has a slight difference from typing like here: it indicates the user’s every minute keystroke using the number pad. That’s why the kpm denotes this 10-key experience. Apart from that short discussion, you have to know a lot about this 10-key experience to fulfill your query so, here is the debate.
What are the general uses of the ten key experiences?
As you may see, many jobs require some specific number’s use, which is similar to earlier calculator use. Moreover, you can relate the 10-key experience with a data entry related job. You will also find similarities with customer service jobs, and those jobs require more numbers. Additionally, you can find the 10-key experience skill’s simple application in the front desk clerks. As you may know, the front desk clerks require doing lots of paperwork. Furthermore, in the bank, doctor chamber, they also need to tap the number pad and the tab key.
Indeed, the example helps to make any idea more straightforward. Likewise, our following example of 10 key experiences will clarify you more.
Think that you have eight monkeys, three birds, and six cats. After that, you want to see how many animals you have, and you enter each number key like the following.
8 + 3 + 6 =
After that, the calculator will give you “17” as a result. On the other hand, when you enter those numbers on a ten-key.”
When you press “8+”, the 10 key will show “8”. Next, when you press “3+”, the 10 key will show “11” and so on. Moreover, you are allowed to subtract 3 by pressing “3-”
Why you need the 10 key experience skill
As I told you earlier, the job associated with data entry or customer service mostly requires the 10 critical experience skills. If you have no previous skills on 10 keys, you can quickly gain from the college offered course. Also, some training institutes or employment agencies provide such skills. Today, this advanced world requires more competent employees, and it will be wise to acquire this skill. Surprisingly, while getting such a gift from any agency, they may also teach you data entry and spreadsheets.
The process of increasing the 10-Key Experience skill
Surprisingly, the 10 essential experiences isn’t a challenging skill, and you can quickly become an expert on it. It would help if you had a keyboard and practice to get it, but unfortunately, some keyboards or laptops don’t have a number keypad. So, before buying a computer or keyboard, you have to examine those. Moreover, if you already have a laptop or keyboard, you can buy any cheap keyboard with a Num pad. After that, you can connect the keyboard through the USB with the computer or laptop. In the following, we show the steps of the learning of 10 essential experiences:
- At first, you have to press the Num Lock key. Once you press it, a light will on afterward.
- You have to find key no. 5 and then place your middle finger on that key. Interestingly, you will find a ridge or small dimple on crucial no. 5, so; you can easily find it by touching.
- Next, you need to find key no. 4 and then place the index finger on that key. After that, you have to put your ring finger on the key named 6. The position you make is called the “home row” position for 10-key work.
- Once you place your finger successfully, now you have to practice typing home row numbers (4, 5, and 6) combination without looking.
- Now, press the key like that:
- Press critical no 7 with the index finger,
- Then Press critical no 8 with the middle finger,
- Press key no 9 with the ring finger,
Once your work is done with each digit, you have to bring your fingers to the home row.
- After that, work like the following:
- Press critical no 1 with the index finger,
- Then Press key no 2 with the middle finger,
- Press key no 3 with the ring finger,
Once your work is done with each digit, you have to return your fingers to the home row.
- After that, you need to press key no 0 with the thumb, which is the part of the “home row.”
- Now, you have to work on the combinations of all 10 digits.
- After that, you have to learn the decimal point key and type that with your ring finger. Also, you have to continue the typing practice of the decimal numbers.
- Finally, keep continuing the typing practice with the 10 key, and hopefully, you can earn fluency on it.
Some Important Tips for the user
You have to continue the practice by feel not by looking at the hand. It will help you to type anything more quickly.
- Keep in mind that some calculators and telephones keypad looks different than the keyboard of the computers. You will find key no (1) one on the top and key no 9 on the bottom on those keyboards.
- Always keep in mind that you should keep continuing the practice, also try to focus on accuracy. You can look at the keypad to ensure error-free at first.
What is an average ten key speed?
When you want to know the average 10-key speed, you will find 8,000 KPH (Keystrokes Per Hour). The average 10-key rate may confuse some people if they consider the minimum speed of the job requirement. Moreover, some employers use this average in their test, and they want the applicant should exceed that speed. However, some recruiters wish to a higher minimum 10-key speed than the average rate.
What is a good 10 key speed?
The right 10 key speed is above 8,000 Keystrokes Per Hour (KPH), which is higher than our mentioned average score. However, people usually consider the 10,000+ KPH high speed if there are zero errors.
So, you may have a query on what is the average ten key speed. When you search on the internet, you will find the average ten key rate is 8,000 KPH (Keystrokes per Hour). Here you can easily guess this speed helps you to serve your customer quickly. By the way, you may think it will the only requirement while taking the job exam. It depends on the employers; some consider the average while others look beyond the norm.
Here we discuss the average, but the question still may unclear, like the good 10 key speed. When you Google to reply to this question, you will find the excellent rate is 8000+ KPH. Besides, the highest speed is 10,000+ KPH, and people usually consider this as the highest.
So, now see how much time you need to gain this skill. After acquiring it, you can enrich your CV by adding this skill. As you may, every gift requires lots of practice, and for the 10 key experience, you have to do the same. The process of gaining 10 key skills is similar to typing skills. Generally, you need less than 10 hours to know how to type with 10 fingers and hope you can order 20 WPM afterward. Moreover, the best way is to take a short period to learn this skill. So, manage 10 days to complete a lesson, and after that, you have to keep extra 5 days to continue practicing.
Well, let’s move on to the main topic, “what is 10 key experience?” Hopefully, you may notice the separate number key section on your keyboard, and this section looks like the calculator. This section’s name is a 10-key keyboard pad, and you can find here 0 to 9 key and use based on your requirement. The ten-key experience is associated with that 10-key keyboard pad and determines how well and fast a user can use that section. Hopefully, when you become fast on this 10-key keyboard pad, you can quickly serve the customer in a customer service post.
Is 10 critical a skill?
The separate number pad we see on our keyboard is called a 10-key keyboard pad. The ten-key experience is associated with that 10-key keyboard pad and determines how well and fast a user can use that section. You can relate the 10-key experience with a data entry related job. You will also find similarities with customer service jobs, and those jobs require to use more numbers. Additionally, you can find the 10-key experience skill’s simple application in the front desk clerks. As you may know, the front desk clerks require doing lots of paper works. Furthermore, in the bank, doctor chamber, they also need to tap the number pad and the tab key.
What is Numpad on the keyboard?
There are 17 key sections in Numpad, numeric keypad, or 10 keys section on a standard keyboard. Moreover, the size of the Numpad is similar to a palm. You can perform the calculator task from this section.
How many hours a day should I practice typing?
You have to practice 15 to 30 minutes a day or maintain regularity. This regular practice session is better than an hour or once a week. It would help if you kept in mind that, don’t give up the regular practicing. If you continue the practice regularly, you can be fluent in touch typing by two to three months or maybe less than that time frame. Moreover, the practice session of 10 – 15 hours will gradually increase your touch typing efficiency.
How do I use the 10 key on my laptop?
To use the 10 key on your laptop, you have to follow the following steps.
- At first, you need to press and hold the key named “Shift,” “Alt” or “Fn”.
- Next, you have to tap the “Num Lock”, “Num”, “NumLK”, “NumLock” key or the key that contains a keyboard picture. One thing should keep in mind that some laptop model requires to press two-key at the same time to turn on the 10-key NumLock.
Conclusion of 10 key experience
You may know the employers are looking for the skilled guy to perform the assigned task efficiently. Among all the skills, the 10 critical experience is used in various sectors and becomes an essential requirement for some jobs. When you become fluent in this sector, hopefully, many opportunities will knock on your door. However, we hope that you can get all our tone from this article on