Video content is a valuable to any business’s marketing. It may be challenging to get people to sit through your video especially if it is longer that usual. Many people will stop watching after the first 10-20 seconds so you need to create a good hook that will keep your viewers watching until the end. Your video is judged on its content and how it presented. You should also focus on the information that you are providing and the production quality. You must remember that you need a great plan in order to keep the audience’s attention. If you are unsure how to do this, you can always get in touch with a video creation company.
Video Production Plan
You must be well prepared and organized for video shoots and should never wing it or go with the flow. They must be well planned from start to finish to ensure that your video doesn’t come across as sloppy. Time is a crucial component and you should not waste hours trying to figure out what to do next. You need to plan ahead so that you know exactly what needs to be done. You must:
- Be original – you should ensure that your content and idea behind your video is unique and original. Don’t merely try and copy someone else’s idea but research what types of content are popular and successful in your particular field.
- Plan plan plan – write out a script, make a storyboard and create a shot list prior to filming. Plan your b-roll so that you have extra footage when it is time for editing.
- Carefully select the video subjects – keep the bar high when selecting actors and the cast for your video. Choose someone who makes the dialogue look natural and who is comfortable in front of the camera.
- Consider the set – carefully consider the set of the video and try not to fool your audience by set dressing. Audiences will pay close attention to the details of your video. Shoot videos in locations other than your office area and pay close attention to detail. Use backdrops that are interesting yet not too busy. Remember that videos can be edited but editing is time-consuming. Try to make everything look as close to what you really want as possible. This will save you time.
- Be aware of the sound quality – it is important that you have professional sound as this can really set your video off even if the content is great. Use lapel or lavaliere microphones to ensure that the sound quality is good. Even if you are using your smartphone, you can get microphones that fit into the phone’s earphone input.
- Lights – you want to make sure that the lighting is good when shooting a video and ensure that these lights eliminate unwanted shadows. Try using a three-point lighting setup to achieve this.
Your video production plan must include every detail of your video and leave no room for on the spot action. Everything must be well-planned so that everyone is on the same page and the goal is clear. This will ensure that you get the desired results from your video.