Playing real money betting games online casinos can be loads of fun and of course, can also lead to incredible cash prizes. However, many players fall prey to the idea that a win is “due” and as a result end up chasing losses. This is and a few other harmful behaviours can take a toll on your finances. And diminish your enjoyment of games you’ve previously loved playing.
Legal Age for Online Casinos
You should always take a look at the legal age for gambling in your jurisdiction. Underage users is something that online casinos make every effort to avoid. Moreover, playing while underage results in a breach of the terms and conditions and you may not receive your winnings if they casino finds that you have lied about your details.
That being said, in most places, as long as you’re 18 or older, you’re welcome to join and partake in the best online pokies real money games.
How to Play Responsibly on Online Casinos
You’re only human, so if you’ve played before, chances are you’ve wondered how to get back money lost while playing. These losses can feel terrible and have a way of creating a feeling of desperation to recover them.
However, this is the moment you must step back and consider if following this urge is reasonable and responsible.
Here’s how to ensure you’re always playing responsibly:
- Always remember, that you’re there for entertainment and fun. Enjoying a game that you love to play, which also comes with the chance to win some money. Avoid thinking of betting games as a scheme to get rich or pay off debt. It is not an income stream. Unless you’re a professional poker player that can depend on endorsements.
- Never, ever wager more than you can actually afford to lose. If you will be giving up something you need or dip into savings to continue playing, do not proceed.
- Always put limits on how much you can spend. Most reputable online casinos allow you to use features that limit your deposits and/or time spent online.
- Never chase your losses, this can make you end up losing more.
How do You know If You’re Headed Toward Worrisome Habits?
Have you ever based your need to play betting games on feeling lucky that day, or reading your horoscope? This can be harmful because it sets you up for disappointment. In fact, avoid all superstitious thinking when it comes to casinos. Just because you won a jackpot once while wearing your green t-shirt on a Tuesday does not make Tuesdays your lucky day, or your green t-shirt a lucky charm.
There are certain signs to avoid if you feel like you’re treating real money betting as anything other than a form of amusement.
- If you’ve ever lied about family and friends about how often and how much you wager in casinos.
- When you log on because you’re having a bad day and use it as a form of escape.
- Borrowing money from others to keep playing.
- When the time and energy you spend online is having a negative effect on your personal relationships.
- You seek online betting games as a solution to financial difficulties or debt.
If any of the above are applicable to you, then it might be time to reassess and consider if online casinos are right for you.