Nowadays, the classic “single and ready to mingle” concept is scarce. When one is single and open to dating, most often he/she will resort to dating sites and apps for this purpose. The actual “mingling” and socializing has almost gone down the drain with the birth of technology and gadgets. Somehow, this virtual “mingling” makes it difficult to find a worthy date – anybody can say anything they are not online. But what if you are a transman or a transwoman? How would you fare in dating sites and apps? It becomes even harder – nobody would seem to take you seriously. There is still a stigma on transgender people, especially in what we would call the “romance” department (see this). Sometimes, upon knowing that you are a trans, people would either stop talking to you or ask you weird and uncomfortable questions, as if you are Google itself.
Are Dating Sites Helpful?
Just like any other man or woman, transgender people also long to find that right person they can be with. If dating sites and apps help straight men and women find their destiny, why would it not for a trans? Surely, the difference only lies on gender identity, not in the ability to communicate, express desires, feelings, emotions, and connecting to people.
Online dating is more convenient than dating in person and having to tell your date that you are a trans. It is easy to flaunt your gender identity in dating sites – you can paste gender identities across your profiles and let people know what they are getting into before they jump into your boat.
And since dating sites are often global, it gives you a wide range of chances of meeting someone interesting and who will truly find interest in you also. Dating sites also offer pleasant surprises such as finding a fellow transgender whom, even if you are not into each other, you can chat with and connect.
Finding Your Dating Website
The internet has a wide base of dating platforms to choose from. You can use the internet to search and compare the different dating sites or check Best Transgender Dating Sites online for the best results, Explore and learn about as many websites as you can before picking out the right one for you. Different websites have different features to offer, below are some of the known dating websites for transgender people that you might want to check out:
- Zoosk – its site and app are linked to Facebook and Google+, so it will only take a few minutes to create an account. It will not cost you to put up a profile, look for possible matches, and communicate with them.
- AdultFriendFinder – this is where to go when you are an adult transgender singles looking for hookups. Its members freely express who they are and their desires without fear of being judged. If you are the type of transgender interested in more than just a one night stand with one just one person, this site can help you find swinger, affair partners, and threesome. AdultFriendFinder will also show who is online so you can connect within just a few seconds.
- BeNaughty – it doesn’t matter if you are lesbian, gay, straight, bisexuals, trans, straight – or something who is in-between – BeNaughty may be the best fit for you if you are someone who is open to something new in relationships, sex, or just dating. It has a huge user base of hot singles, especially those with unique wants and needs.
- TransDate.com – members are from all across the globe and it is available in most major languages. The app is fully optimized for all your devices and with its thousands of users and members, there really is a good chance of you finding the right one at TransDate.com. Other than meeting great people, it comes with features where you can watch videos of other members, put up you own videos, host your own webcam, member blogs and contests every now and then. TransDate.com has been one of the leading dating sites for transgender people.
- TransgenderDate.com – this is 100% free and genuine transgender dating site. Its features include chat, blogs, videos, photo gallery and more. Its 40,000 plus member profiles are all reviewed by the administrators so it has the most verified members of any dating websites. This was built back in 2007 to provide a safe dating platform for the trans community.
- MyTranssexualDate – with intention to upend negative stereotypes about transgender dating, a French man and his trans wife founded this website in 2014. This is an international dating platform for transgender women, transsexual women, and transvestites looking for serious partners and relationships. MyTranssexuaDate helps trans women meet transoriented men so they can get to know each other, flirt and fall in love. This is one of the most trustworthy dating platforms.
Caveat in Creating Your Profile and Sharing Personal Information
When you have already chosen the dating site that suits you best, you start by creating a profile. Your profile is the first thing that other members would see. It is where they would know about you – name, age, nationality, religious affiliation, location among others. Some platforms would ask for your real name during registration, but allows you to use nicknames in your public profile. It is up to you if you will give your real identity and personal details. Just be very careful because internet anomalies can jeopardize your details, especially if includes billing information. Think twice before you give your bank, credit card, and other financial details.
The most crucial part of the process is creating the “About Me” portion. This is what will make or break your “marketability” online. Members will learn of your interests and check compatibilities with you in this section. Whatever you write in the About Me information can possibly lead you to meet people who share the same interests as you. This can lead into something beautiful. You can get helpful tips on how to write a perfect dating profile through this page: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/create-irresistible-online-dating-profile_b_6758542
Enjoy but Always Be Careful
Now that you have chosen your preferred dating platform, have registered, and created your profile, you are now ready to find prospective dates. It is okay to search and initiate contact with other members who interests you as this is what you came here for. But it also pays to be careful, and getting to know your new friends more before you involve yourself deeper. Make it a habit to check the profiles and be critical about it because posers are inevitable, just like any other social media sites. Whenever you feel like your safety and privacy is compromised, do not hesitate to report this to the admin of the website. Nothing is more important than your comfort and safety.
Happy online dating!